U5-U6 Introductory Program
Pearland United's U5/U6 Program is fun and exciting way to introduce your 4 and 5 year old player to the basic elements of soccer. The program utilizes an age-appropriate curriculum and fulfills the club’s mission of developing the individual player and creating a life long love of soccer! The goal of the U5/U6 Program is to ensure that our players:
- Have fun with friends, old and new.
- Get exercise and improve their aerobic stamina.
- Develop improve balance and agility.
- Learn the basics of soccer such as ball control, dribbling, and shooting.
- Learn to love the game and desire to progress to the next level of play.
- U5/U6 is co-ed and plays a 3v3 format with no goalies on a 20x30 yard field.
- Practice one hour per week with curriculum designed and supervised by a professional trainer.
- Choice of practice 6-7pm on Tuesday @ Southdown Park or Thursday @ Independence Park
- Games are all in house on Saturday mornings at either local park.
- No scores or standings are kept.
- Awards for all at seasons end.
- Registration cost: $105 and includes jersey, shorts, and socks.
Important Dates for the Spring 2013 Season:
- Registration Dec 17 to Jan 31, late fee will apply after Jan 31
- Parent orientation meeting – March 20 at 6 p.m.
- Practice starts March 26 (Tuesdays) and March 28 (Thursdays)
- First game April 6, same time 9:30, at Independence Park
Because the U5-U6 Program is run by volunteers - with the support of the club - parents are expected to play an integral role in the club. Without your support and involvement, the club cannot function in a smooth manner. Please be willing to help out in any of the following areas:
- Coach/Assistant Coach to organize team practices with help of the trainer and run Saturday games. Also is the main point of contact with the Division Director.
- Team Parent to organize contact lists, snack lists, end-of-year party, etc.
- Field Referees to control game flow and simply keep track of throw-ins, kick-offs, restarts, etc. No experience needed.
- Parents to stripe and flag the fields.
For more information or questions you may contact Marsha Brown, our Small Sided Director at email@example.com